Buttered Honey is a simple and versatile way to bring texture and flavour to most classic drinks. It is an ideal match for the traditionally dry nature of Rye Whiskey & Bourbon.
- Makes Approx. 350ml
- 200g Honey ( clover or runny works the best)
- 120g Hot Tap Water
- 30g Unsalted Butter
- Zest of 1/2 a Lime
- Pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, Bring all ingredients, except the lime zest, to a simmer whilst stirring
- Once brought to a simmer, turn off the heat and add lime peels. Leave to cool for 20 mins.
- Once cool, strain honey through cloth. Funnel into a bottle, label and chill.
- Use 5-10mls to sweeten sodas and coffees
- Use dashes to bring texture to your favourite straight up drinks e.g. Old Fashioneds, Manhattans
- Use in the place of sugar or sweetener in classic Cocktails like Margaritas or Daiquiri’s
40ml Blanco Tequila , dash of Angostura Bitters, 5ml Buttered Honey, 150ml East Imperial Yuzu Lemonade - garnished with an orange zest & fresh ginger